Menu

Modern houses in the UK are now all built with incredibly safe electronics within them, firstly for our safety when we use our appliances etc but also so there is a minimised risk of fire.  Electrical issues can easily occur in older properties however, with many old homes needing to be rewired to make them safe enough to live in.

Electrical fires can be caused by a range of factors, from live wires coming into contact with other surfaces, through to overheating and melting. It is important to make sure that all appliances are switched off when not in use, that hot objects are kept away from flammable materials. Many electrical fires are caused by faulty appliances, so be sure to check the cables and functioning parts of any appliances before using them.